Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarships. Please visit the Grants Home Page to apply for a different grant.
Please review these eligibility, submission and other requirements carefully before submitting your application.
ASTS continues its commitment toward supporting full-time basic and translational research in the field of transplantation and transplant immunobiology in the laboratory of an ASTS Member. This scholarship is specifically designed to support research in a laboratory setting.
Amount: $40,000 for 1 year
Funds Support: direct research expenses and/or educational enrichment of the Awardee. No indirects will be paid.
- Resident in an ACGME program, or
- Completed an advanced professional degree (i.e. PhD, DVM), or foreign equivalent, in discipline germane to transplantation.
- Completed at least 2 years of clinical training or 1 year of post doctoral research in transplantation or transplant immunobiology.
- Awardee may not concurrently receive any other financial support for the proposed research from ASTS, AST, ACS, SUS, or other society granting similar support.
- Applicant must reside in North America.
- Proposed work is in the laboratory of an ASTS Member.
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 words maximum)
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the scholarship, specific objectives for the duration of the scholarship, and future plans and goals
- Budget: 1 page maximum
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research
- Department Chair Nomination Letter: This letter must indicate that the applicant will be guaranteed 1 year research time for the proposed research
- Member Sponsor Letter
- The Awardee must attend the ASTS Award Ceremony at the American Transplant Congress (ATC) to formally accept the scholarship.
- An abstract must be submitted for presentation at an ATC or ASTS Winter Symposium during the scholarship period or within 6 months of scholarship completion.
- A final report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the final year of funding.
- Up to 2 scholarships are available annually.
* The funding of ASTS research grants and scholarships is contingent upon the availability of funds and the receipt of qualified applications.
Once you have read the requirements and have determined you are eligible, please Click Here to Submit your Application.